Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Captain Beefheart Festival 2012-2013 - The 23rd Night of the Living Van Vliet


Here's the explanation of the origin and the dates.

Thanks to Microdot for the title of the Festival.

Trust Me from Strictly Personal

 
the path is the mask of love a way a way
the flow is the task above today
there is no other way [2x]
you gotta trust us
when you need a friend
to find us you gotta look within
you gotta trust us [2x]
before you turn to dust [2x]
you gotta see before you see
you gotta be before you be
you gotta trust us
you gotta hear without fear
you gotta feel to reveal
you gotta touch without take
such it is and hate us ain't [2x]
we're for you
love you
with you
love you
just a few
we love you
we tell you
true, we love you
the path is youth
let the dying die
the path is life
let the lying lie
let the dying die
[repeating of parts]

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I just wasted over 7 minutes listening to a vamp of a Cm7. Seriously, give me some more of the cute chick who understands the idea of melody and harmony.

    orlin seller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought I'd agree with you on anything, but this is one you got right. Captain Beefhart is just not much of a musician. I prefer someone who sounds better than I do.

      Delete
  2. really amazing track. something I never ever heard before! thank you for posting this! now I have to find out more about it. I think I figured out it was recorded in 1968...there is a live version from John Peels BBC Radio show from 68....every day I wake up and say, I'm not like anybody else...some times I try to imagine what normal would be like and it hurts.

    ReplyDelete